What is Default Supply?
Some businesses require more power than others, and Direct Energy Default Supply service is specifically designed to meet the needs of high consumption customers. Customers who consume more than 250 megawatt hours of electricity annually are no longer eligible for the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) offered by Direct Energy Regulated Services, and will be enrolled into our Default Supply rate.
- Some customers who have not signed a competitive electricity contract may be automatically enrolled into Default Supply service.
- Similar to the RRO, the Default Supply rate fluctuates monthly. The Default Supply rate is based on the actual wholesale cost of electricity plus an administrative fee.
- If you have any other questions please call 1-866-465-1262
- The terms and conditions further discussing Default Supply service can be found below.
- Terms and Conditions - March 1, 2020
- Terms and Conditions - April 1, 2023