Moving illustration

Are you Moving?

If you are moving and want to transfer your DERS services to a new address, call us at 1-866-420-3174. If you notify us of your move approximately one week in advance, we'll be able to transfer services to your new address before you move. You can also notify us of your move by logging into your online account and going to “Other Services” and clicking on “Transfer Services.”

If you are moving and no longer require DERS services, please notify us at least 3 full business days in advance by calling 1-866-420-3174. We will ask you to provide your new mailing address so that we can send you your final bill.

Disconnecting illustration

Have You Received A Pending Disconnection Notice?

If you’ve received a Pending Disconnection Notice, it means your account balance has been past due for at least 60 days and an account payment is required immediately.

We’re here to help! DERS offers a range of immediate and future payment options to help you avoid disconnection:

Make an immediate payment:

  • Sign in or set up an online account and make a payment using our Online Account Manager tool.
  • Make a one-time payment using our automated phone system (1-866-420-3174), which is available 24 hours per day.

Set Up A Payment Arrangement With DERS:

To be eligible for a payment arrangement, your account status must meet the following criteria:

  • Your account must be active.
  • Your account cannot include any existing payment arrangements.
  • Your account cannot include any previously broken payment arrangements in the past 12 months.
  • The date of request for an arrangement cannot be past the date of disconnection noted in your Pending Disconnection Notice.

If you meet the above criteria, a Payment Arrangement can be created by calling Customer Care at 1-866-420-3174.

Set Up Budget-Friendly Or Automated Monthly Payments To Avoid The Risk Of Disconnection In The Future:

  • We offer two convenient payment plans to pay your monthly energy bills.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I can't pay the balance outlined in my Pending Disconnection Notice and I’m not eligible for a Payment Arrangement?

Direct Energy Regulated Services understands hardship and financial difficulties. We’ve put together a list of agencies  that may be able to help.

If Direct Energy Regulated Services (DERS) will no longer be my billing and service provider, do I have to pay my last bill?

Yes. You must still pay for the energy that you have used. Direct Energy Regulated Services will continue to send you a bill for as long as you have any amounts owing. Due to the settlement process, you may continue to receive bills for several months after the transition. These will reflect adjustments of billed usage to the date you have switched to a retailer.

I have a security deposit with Direct Energy Regulated Services (DERS). When do I get my security deposit back?

Your paid security deposit, plus interest, will automatically be applied to your account after 12 consecutive months of on-time payment history or it will be applied to any remaining balance on your final bill, whichever comes first.